Mindspin values your privacy
What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is information about an identifiable individual. Personal information includes information other than names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers listed in the telephone or other directories, and your business information such as an individual’s business title, business address, and business telephone number.
Personal Data we collect
Collecting information aims to attract new business and provide our clients with brand identity and digital marketing services. As a B2B marketing company, Mindspin generally collects business information and does not typically require sensitive Personal Data to deliver its Services. However, during the course of business, we may collect, use, and disclose Personal Data to serve our clients. We are committed to collecting, using, and disclosing Personal Data responsibly and only to the extent necessary for our goods and services.
We may collect Personal Data for the following reasons:
- To provide and maintain the Services, including to:
- facilitate and process online communications;
- deliver the newsletter if you have signed up for it;
- communicate with you about your inquiry, the Services, or Mindspin.
- To communicate with you about changes in our Service.
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services’ performance and functionality.
- To detect, prevent and address technical and security issues.
- To comply with our obligations, including all applicable laws and regulations.
- To respond to your requests and provide customer support.
The amount and type of information we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. If you provide Personal Data on our website forms, we intend to only use that information for the purpose you gave it to us (e.g., to respond to your email message by telephone or email, to send you information). The following Services features may enable you to supply Personal Data:
- Subscribing to newsletters—The Mindspin newsletter is our principal method of sharing marketing insights, Mindspin news and opportunities and other important information. If you subscribe, you can provide your name and business information and opt-in to receiving Mindspin email newsletters. If at any time you wish to stop receiving these emails, you can opt-out by clicking on the manage subscriptions link at the bottom of the email to update your communication preferences.
- Supplying testimonials—We might contact you with a request to provide information that would appear, as a testimonial or case study, on our website, social sites and marketing communications. In this case, we would seek explicit, written consent to use this information.
- Communicating with us—We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, respond to a survey or complete a website form.
Disclosing or sharing Personal Data
We will not rent or sell your Personal Data to others.
Mindspin shares the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- Agents, Consultants and Service Providers—We may share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of providing the Services to you. These contracted individuals or companies may assist with Services processing, project production, marketing support, content delivery, email, hosting, analytics, payment processing, accounting, providing sales leads, and customer support. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information they need to perform their specific function. These companies are not permitted to use any Personal Data we share with them for any other purpose besides providing services to us.
- Advertising—Based on cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may interest you.
- Business Transactions—To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (i.e., reorganization, sale, or assignment).
- Aggregated or De-identified Data—We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information with third-party providers for research purposes relating to our Services.
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations—To comply with legal obligations or investigate potential legal violations. Mindspin may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities, including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements. In these circumstances, we may consult with professionals (e.g., lawyers, accountants) who will investigate the matter and report to us.
- Safety—We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of Mindspin in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent—Mindspin may share your information with your consent.
The Service may link to third-party services, like a business’s URL. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services.
Cookies and tracking technologies
A cookie is a small text file placed on a computer or other device and used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and cookies for targeting and advertising purposes. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can block, delete, or turn off cookies if your device permits. You can manage your cookies and your cookie preferences in your browser or device settings. However, some features of our Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Social network widgets
Third-party websites, services and app integrations
For more information, please see Cookies and Technical Information.
Your data rights and choices
You may be provided with instructions and prompts within the experiences as you navigate the Services. You may also choose to enable the options below, but doing so may prevent you from using our Services or many of the core features and functions on the website.
- Personal Data—You may decline to provide Personal Data when Mindspin requests it, but certain Services may be unavailable to you. You have certain rights in respect of your Personal Data. In particular, you have a right to access, correction, and to be forgotten. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us. Understand that sometimes we have to have your data to interact with you, so exercising some or all of these rights might impact your ability to use our Services.
- Device-level information—The device you use to access the Services may collect information about you, including User usage data that Mindspin may then collect and use. For information about your ability to restrict the collection and use of such information, please use the settings available on the device.
- Opt out of newsletter communications—You may opt out by following the link at the bottom of each newsletter you receive.
- About Cookies
- Mozilla Firefox®
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome™
- Opt-in and opt-out of third-party ad networks—For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies and interest-based advertising, and to learn how to opt-out of these practices with companies participating in industry self-regulation, please visit:
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada
- Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe
- Network Advertising Initiative in the USA
- Opt-in and opt-out of Google Analytics—For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out listed above). You may find out more and opt-out. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page. You may prevent Google from recording and processing data on your use of our website (including your device’s IP address) and storing such information in a cookie by downloading and installing a browser deactivation add-on.
- Opt out of Facebook—Meta Platforms, Inc. provides Facebook remarketing service. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook. To opt-out of Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow their opt-out instructions.
- Opt out of Twitter—X Corp. provides Twitter remarketing service. To opt-out of Twitter’s interest-based ads, follow their opt-out instructions.
Location of Personal Data
We are a business located in Canada. When we store your data, it is stored in Canada and the United States, locations outside of our direct control (for instance, on hosting servers and clouds). Data we collect may be routed or transferred internationally by us or by our business partners during the course of providing products and services to you and others.
Retention and deletion of Personal Data
Mindspin stores client data for at least two years. When Mindspin no longer has a legitimate business need to process your information or no longer needs to keep your Personal Data for any legal, tax, or regulatory reason (generally seven years), we may delete or anonymize your Personal Data.
Protection of Personal Data
We are committed to protecting the information you give us online and have implemented appropriate safeguards. Mindspin takes all reasonable steps to protect information received from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to secure your information, and we use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for your data that is transferred over the internet. Despite its use of encryption, Mindspin cannot guarantee any method of transmission of information over the internet is 100% secure. We are not responsible for protecting any Personal Data we share with a third-party based on an account connection you have authorized.
The Services are not directed to children under the age of majority. Our Services are for business people 18+ years of age. We do not knowingly collect information, including Personal Data, from minors or other individuals who are not legally able to use our Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Data from a minor we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us if you believe we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a minor.
International data transfers
Our operations are supported by a network of computers, cloud-based servers, and other infrastructure and information technology, including, but not limited to, third-party service providers. We and our third-party service providers store and Process your Personal Data outside of Canada, in the United States of America and elsewhere. By using our Services, you consent to your Personal Data being transferred to other countries, including countries with different data protection rules than yours. We do not represent that our Services are appropriate or available in any particular jurisdiction.
Do you have a question?
Mindspin Studio Inc.
Attention: Information Officer